The Instituto Cultural Domínico Americano (ICDA) fosters two school programs:
- Preschool: Infants through Kindergarten level and,
- Domínico Americano School: First grade through 12th grade.
Please, feel free to visit us, call or write if you have any concerns regarding our preschool programs. We have an open door policy; therefore, we welcome you into a binational, multicultural and educational place to Grow and Learn.
Procedures and Requirements
For families interested in our preschool an appointment is scheduled with our preschool psychologist who provides a general overview of our programs, philosophy and mission.
The psychologist also provides new parents with the forms and admission requirements. Once these properly filled pre-registrations forms and the required paperwork is submitted an interview and evaluation are scheduled for the child.
Once notified of admission, registrations are subject to payment by the third day. On the fourth day the student’s reservation will be subject to space availability or the student will be placed on a waiting list.
Admission is based on academic achievement and the results of the in-house evaluation
- To be admitted to our preschool programs the child must have the appropriate age prior to October 31st of the school year of intended enrollment.
- Present copy of the Evaluation Guide of Child Development from the previous school, if applicable.
- Admission interview.
- Present the required paperwork:
- Birth certificate
- Two photographs 2" x 2"
- Medical certificates: general health, dental, visual and audio
- Copy of vaccination record
- Admission evaluation for prekínder and kínder levels only
Admission will be given to applicants in the categories below:
1. Siblings of currently enrolled students and former ICDA students
2. Children of ICDA alumni
3. Children of faculty and staff of ICDA
4. Students currently enrolled in a local school
New Students Tuition for School Year 2012-2013
||(*) Registration Fee
(*)Admission evaluation RD$ 1,000.00 only applies for Prekinder and Kínder levels
(*)Registration Fee US$ 450.00
Parent Committee RD$ 600.00 per family
(*) Are non refundable.
- 10% discount since formal registration begins until April 30th, 2012.
- 5% discount from May 1st until July 15th, 2012.
- As of July 16th discounts for full payment do not apply.